Game not loading - Change DNS lookup
Parent Category: Odd Socks FAQs
Category: Facebook Desktop App
DNS settings are specified in the TCP/IP Properties window for the selected network connection.
Example: Changing DNS server settings on Microsoft Windows 7
- Go the Control Panel (click Start > Control Panel at the right of the menu).
- Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings (in the navigation on the left).
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
- To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
- Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) orInternet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- Click OK .
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
Restart the connection you selected in step 3.
Repeat the procedure for additional network connections you want to change.
- For IPv4: 22.214.171.124 and/or 126.96.36.199.
- For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844